Created by author/ illustrator Tove Jansson in 1945, the Moomins are a family of carefree, adventurous trolls from the beloved Finnish storybook series of the same name. In the seventy-plus years since their inception, the Moomins have inspired countless comic strips, animated series, art installations, theme parks, and—with a little help from KARHU—footwear collaborations.
The KARHU x Moomin collaborations celebrate these cherished Finnish originals by drawing inspiration from the characters, colours, and fonts of Moominvalley. Look closely at the collection and you will see the iconic figure of Moomintroll —with his wide eyes, perky ears, and oversized snout— gracing the upper of each silhouette.
For this release, the KARHU design team was directly influenced by the story of Moominpappa at Sea, which they have sourced to introduce new colourways of both the Fusion 2.0 and Aria 95. The “India Ink / Chambray Blue” Fusion 2.0 is constructed from micro perforated suede and ballistic nylon and dressed in tones that evoke the Moomins’ journey at sea to find a new home. The “Dawn Blue / Sleet” Aria 95 utilizes sturdy mesh and a reflective M-logo as a nod to the rocky island lighthouse where the family eventually lands. Both silhouettes feature pops of red, inspired by Moomintroll’s scarf, and vibrant geometric patterns that highlight the colours of Moominvalley.
- Dawn Blue
- Price: €139,95
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You have 1 hour from the time of entry to request cancellation. We cannot amend size selections, address information or payment details.
- Our Launches site is different from our SneakerBAAS site so if you have an account with SneakerBAAS but not SneakerBAAS Launches site you will need to register. You may enter more than once on your account but please be aware of the terms and conditions before doing so.
- Our draw is randomly generated therefore entries cannot be sold or transferred to anyone else.
- When you enter the raffle your funds are held and a future payment is authorised on PayPal/Your bank.
- If you have any queries please contact our customer service team on email@example.com or call them on +31 (0) 30-2682846 or read the Terms & Conditions.