The polar bear, one of the largest land predators on our planet, is undoubtedly one of the most endangered species in the world. The habitat of the Arctic inhabitant melts away from his paws, unfortunately in the truest sense of the word. The World Conservation Union IUCN fears that the current population will shrink by at least 30 percent in the next 4 decades - as a result of an increasing pack ice melt caused by global warming. Marine pollution, intensified shipping, more tourists and the exploration and production of oil and gas deposits in the Arctic are also threatening the populations. Since 2006, the polar bear has therefore been listed in the "Endangered" category on the IUCN Red List. (Source: wwf.de)
The Made in Germany model *Polar Bear*, handcrafted by KangaROOS, is intended to help put this well-known grievance further into the focus of a society that is often very selective.
In the wild, the animal's fur shines in pure white due to the reflection of the ice. In order to reproduce a realistic color scheme on the sneaker that corresponds to the hunter's actual fur color, beige/white was used.
The upper of this general release from Münchweiler is made from calf suede, the lining from a combination of mesh and pigskin. The insole has antibacterial and breathable properties, it is also able to absorb moisture and release it again. The “Runaway ROOS 001” model has the DYNACOIL damping unit that is mandatory for ROOS and has proven itself in many runners.
- "Save The Polar Bear"
- Price: €249,95
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You have 1 hour from the time of entry to request cancellation. We cannot amend size selections, address information or payment details.
- Our Launches site is different from our SneakerBAAS site so if you have an account with SneakerBAAS but not SneakerBAAS Launches site you will need to register. You may enter more than once on your account but please be aware of the terms and conditions before doing so.
- Our draw is randomly generated therefore entries cannot be sold or transferred to anyone else.
- When you enter the raffle your funds are held and a future payment is authorised on PayPal/Your bank.
- If you have any queries please contact our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on +31 (0) 30-2682846 or read the Terms & Conditions.